Increase Your Visibility
- Fabric: Vinyl-laminated polyester backlit awning and sign fabric
- Color: Single-sided color/coated. White backing for superior illumination.
- Top Coat: Acrylic
- Weight: Approximately 16 oz. per square yard
- Width: 61 inches
- Roll Size (Bolt): 40 yards
- Breaking Strength: Warp 209 lbs./inch (931 N/in), Elongation 27%
Fill 188 lbs./inch (836 N/in), Elongation 35%
Test method ASTM D 5035
- Tear Strength: Warp 25 lbs./inch (111 N/in)
Fill 29 lbs./inch (131 N/in)
Test method ASTM D 2261
- Flame Resistance: Meets California Fire Marshall Title 19, paragraphs 1273.2 and 1237b.
Meets the requirements of NFPA 701.
- Complete technical specifications, cleaning instructions and warranty
Backlit awnings create dramatic curb appeal and will take your business to the next level. Backlit awnings can take on many shapes and sizes, greatly increase visibility, brighten a drab storefront facade and transform retail centers into a destination for tenants.
Backlit awning fabrics – also known as sign flex faces – are long lasting and economically more affordable than traditional plastic sign panels. Our backlit products are constructed with structural welded aluminum frames, damp location rated high output fluorescent and LED lighting and are designed with many custom bottom closures or can be left open for easy access. Fabric coverings are manufactured with welded seams and graphics are applied through top surface color eradication, computer cut 3M high performance vinyl and full color digital printing with translucent UV solvent inks. We have complete design capability and can provide all custom graphic artwork.
We recommend Cooley® fabrics in 3 styles depending on the application and Nite Lite® brand backlit fabrics for durability and performance:
Cooley’s original backlit sign and awning material, Cooley-Brite 20-ounce features a scrim design that is nearly invisible to allow for maximum light diffusion, consistent translucency, and brilliant eradicable colors in backlit signs and awnings. Cooley-Brite is treated with anti-wick, ultraviolet stabilizers, fungicides, and whiteners for excellent color protection, durability, and long life.
This 16-ounce, eradicable substrate is based on the same proven technology as Cooley-Brite. Cooley-Brite Lite is lighter in weight, offering unique flexibility for ease of installation. It is translucent, flexible, durable, and features excellent lay-flat characteristics, as well as engineered for high color brilliance and consistent color transparency.
The performance benchmark for eradicable backlit flexible substrates, Cooley-Brite II features the proven performance of our Cooley-Brite substrate with the added protection of our Coolthane® topcoat formulation, which enhances cleanability and extends the life of the product.
- Flexible, eradicable
- Heat sealable
- Inkjet printable
- UV, fire, and weather resistant
- Excellent color, durability, and long life
- Consistent color translucency
- Wide variety of decorating options
- NFPA 701, ASTM E84, COLA, UL and CA State Fire Marshall approved
- 20 standard colors and whites
- Available in 10, 25 and 50 yard rolls, @ 78" widths
Nite-Lite® (trademark of Glen Raven)
With more than 12 years of proven success in the backlit awning and sign industry, nothing gets attention like Nite-Lite®. We designed this fabric especially for backlit awning and sign applications. Made of vinyl-laminated polyester, Nite-Lite features an acrylic-coated surface for easy application of graphics and quick cleaning, and its white backing assures superior illumination. Using one of our 12 vibrant colors, Nite-Lite can help you create a unique backlit awning that draws attention to your business or brand. This fabric features an 8-year limited warranty.