Aluminum Clamshell Storm Awnings
- Maintenance free and rust free
- Custom sized to your windows and doors
- Choose from 15 colors – solid or striped
- Adjustable side arms raise awning up to 90 degrees out.
- Structural welded aluminum frames
- Each blade is 3 1/16" wide
- Reduce energy and cooling costs
- Collapsible for storm protection (Clamshell awnings are NOT hurricane rated.)
- Learn About Classroom Door Canopies
Aluminum clamshell awnings are great for providing affordable, adjustable shade, and can even be pivoted down over the window before inclement weather strikes to provide some protection from the elements. The clamshell awning has been a Floridian favorite since the ’50s and is available in a wide color selection that can be customized with stripes. Awning Works Inc. clamshell awnings offer non-code hurricane shutter protection as well as sun shade for a cooler home. The all aluminum–baked enamel and stainless steel hardware construction of these clamshells awnings means that they will not rust and will last for years to come.
Aluminum awnings block harmful UV rays and some awning fabrics have been endorsed by The Skin Cancer Foundation, an international organization dedicated to the prevention of skin cancer, for their ability to block harmful UV rays. In addition, canopies and awnings protect inside furnishings such as furniture, drapes and carpet from fading due to UV rays. Pets instinctively gravitate toward shade to stay cool; where trees and shrubs aren’t available, awnings provide instant relief.